As always, Lisa and I are constantly looking for easy recipes for dinner. Obviously, chicken is a prime candidate due to its lower calories. Finding a special chicken recipe is not easy however, thousands of recipes tout ease of preparation with astonishing taste. Nonetheless, she has finally found a recipe that is both easy to make and creates the most tender and juicy chicken we have ever eaten. We make it at least once a week and we love the results.
- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Recipe Makes: 3 portions
- Calories: 328
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in with skin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 shallots, chopped
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Handful of fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a 8×8 or 8×9 glass baking dish, place the chicken thighs skin side up. Make sure the are not too close together. Season to taste, we only use salt.
- Mix the soy sauce, red wine vinegar and olive oil together and whisk to make a vinaigrette. Add the minced garlic and shallots and pour over the chicken.
- Place chicken pieces skin side up and roast for 30 minutes until it begins to brown. Remove and baste with marinade. Flip pieces and bake a remaining 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Lisa usually flips again and puts them under the broiler for 10 minutes to get nice brown skin.
I hope you will try this simple recipe, it really is the most tender roast chicken I have ever eaten. As always I hope you enjoyed the post, please leave a comment.
Sent from my iPad